Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baked Potato Cake

A friend of mine decided to throw her boyfriend a mashed potato-themed birthday party since it's his favorite food. So I decided to contribute by baking a baked potato cake, not exactly mashed potato, but it was on the potato theme, plus I really wanted to make one.

I initially got the idea after watching Sandra Lee make baked potato ice cream sundaes using potato-shaped chocolate ice cream dusted with cocoa powder and topped with whipped cream. For my cake, I used 2 boxes of cake mix for the cake covered with chocolate frosting and dusted with cocoa powder. I carved out an area in the middle to add the potato filling which was actually just frosting with extra powdered sugar. More frosting went to creating pats of butter and green fondant was rolled and cut to make chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment